2023 Los Angeles Book Festival - Call for Entries
LOS ANGELES _ The 2023 Los Angeles Book Festival has issued a call for entries for its
annual competition honoring the best of the world publishing community.
The Los Angeles Book Festival will consider major publisher, independent
publisher and self-published works in the following categories: general
non-fiction, fiction, biography/autobiography, children’s books, young
adult, how-to, cookbooks, science fiction, business, wild card (anything
goes!), compilations/anthologies, sequels (for books that are part of a
series), photography/art, poetry, romance, and regional literature published
on or after January 1, 2020.
Submitted works will be judged by a panel of publishing industry experts using the following criteria:
- General excellence and the author's passion for telling a good story.
- The potential of the work to gain a wider audience in the worldwide market.
ENTRIES: Please classify your book and enter it in the following categories. Multiple entries must be accompanied by a separate fee for each book.
- General Non-fiction
- Wild Card
- General Fiction
- Children's books
- Science Fiction
- Foreign Language
- Young Adult/Teenage
- Regional Literature
In addition to honoring the top selections in the above categories, The Los Angeles Book Festival will award the following chosen from submissions:
- Los Angeles Book Festival Author of the Year - Honors the outstanding book of the competition.
- Los Angeles Book Festival Book Design of the Year - Honors outstanding and innovative design.
- Los Angeles Book Festival Publisher of the Year - Honors the top publisher based on materials displaying excellence in marketing and promotional materials, as determined by our judges.
FESTIVAL RULES: Los Angeles Book Festival submissions cannot be returned. Each entry must contain the official entry form, including your e-mail address and contact telephone number. All shipping and handling costs must be borne by entrants.
NOTIFICATION AND DEADLINES: We will notify each entry of the
receipt of their package via e-mail and will announce the winning entries on
this web site. Because of the anticipated high volume of entries, we can only respond to e-mail inquiries. Those who place in each category will be notified by e-mail shortly after the final entry deadline and the results will be posted
on this web site . Please note that judges read and consider submissions on an ongoing basis, comparing early entries with later submissions at our meetings. Many late submissions have won our competitions.
Deadline submissions in each category must be received by the close of business
on March 25, 2023. Those who place in each category will be notified by e-mail
shortly after the final entry deadline and the results will be posted here. Please note that judges read and consider submissions on an ongoing basis, comparing early entries with later submissions at our meetings. Many late submissions have won our competitions.
TO ENTER: Entry forms are available online here or may be faxed/e-mailed to you. Applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable entry fee via check, money order or PayPal online payment of $50 in U.S. dollars for each submission. Multiple submissions are permitted but each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form and entry fee.
Entry fee checks should be made payable to JM Northern Media LLC. We're sorry, but entries must be mailed and cannot be delivered in person or by messenger services to the JM Northern Media offices.
E-book entries are welcome. You can enter an e-book in three ways:
- Send as a .pdf to our e-mail address labeled as “2023 E-book Entry” in the subject line. Please attach copies of your PayPal receipt and entry form to the email.
- Use our “Book Uploader” in the "Enter the Competition" page to send a copy of your work. We accept most e-book formats. Then send an e-mail to us labeled as “2023 E-Book Entry” with PayPal receipt and entry form attached.
- Send us a Kindle copy as a gift. Send an e-mail to us indicating that you’ve sent the book, attaching your PayPal receipt and entry form.
Entry packages MUST include one copy of the book; any relevant publicity material; a copy of your official entry form; and the entry fee or PayPal receipt.
Entries should be mailed to:
JM Northern Media LLC
attn: Los Angeles Book Festival
7095 Hollywood Boulevard
Hollywood, CA 90028-0893
AWARDS: Winners of the Los Angeles Book Festival will be honored at a gala ceremony held in Los Angeles.
Enter the competition